While there are no successful get-rich-quick projects, many people have found success in doing affiliate marketing. Learning how to work as a successful affiliate marketer can help you define whether a career in this potentially lucrative field might be right for you.
In this article, we’re going to teach you how to generate passive income with effective affiliate marketing in 2020. If you’re brand new to it, this article will help you get started.
Before dive into too deep, let’s start with a very brief definition.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is one of the ancient marketing practice which gains affiliates a commission in the case of sale based on the affiliate’s recommendation. It is one of the easiest and cheapest ways of marketing as you don’t need to create and sell a product. Just one thing you need to do is to enable a connected connection between customer and vendor and take your commission once the sale is made.
In other words, You partner with a company selling products /services you would like to recommend to your audience. If they purchase something using your unique affiliate link, you earn a commission from the sale.
Why Affiliate Marketing is a great online business to start with 2020?
- Passive income: Affiliate marketing offers you the ability to make money while you sleep. and as Warren Buffett said, “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.”
- Work from home: Instead of going to the office to do your job, affiliate marketing allows you to work from your home or anywhere you go, all you need is to carry your business laptop with you. This is a job you can do without ever rising up of your bed.
- No customer support: The most beautiful thing about affiliate marketing is that you don’t have to deal with buyers Complaints and ensure they are satisfied with what they have purchased. The entire job of the affiliate marketer is to link the vendor with the buyer. The seller deals with any client complaints once you receive your commission from the sale.
- low cost: Affiliate marketing, in general, can be done at a low cost, meaning you can get started quickly and without much hassle.
- Upward profit: Other than the other jobs, you could work a 90-hour week and still earn the same salary. Affiliate marketing is purely based on your performance. THE MORE YOU LEARN THE MORE YOU EARN.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
Affiliate marketing is a simple 5-step process:
- Join an Affiliate network.
- Find Products.
- You recommend a service or product to your followers.
- Your followers purchase the product or service using your affiliate link.
- You get paid a commission for the sales made using your affiliate link.
Many online companies that sell products like shoes or services like domain services offer an affiliate program. By signing up for the program, get your unique affiliate link and use this link once you write about their product.
Affiliates mostly have a very specific audience to whom they market, generally adhering to the audience’s interests. This creates a determined niche or personal brand that helps you as an affiliate to attract consumers who will be most likely to act on the promotion.
How Do Affiliate Marketers Get Paid?
You may ask yourself how does an affiliate gets paid after linking a connection between the seller and the consumer? The answer is a little bit complicated. The consumer doesn’t always need to buy the product for the affiliate to get a payoff. Depending on the program, the affiliate’s contribution to the seller’s sales is going to be measured differently. There are many different affiliate programs that use different payment terms:
Pay Per Click (PPC): You earn money online based on the number of visitors redirected by your affiliate site to the advertiser’s website.
Pay Per Sale (PPS): You make money online when the purchase is done. The advertiser pays you a percentage of the sale.
Pay Per Lead (PPL): this program compensates the affiliate based on the conversion of leads, in other words, you get a commission based on the number of leads. The affiliate must persuade the consumer to visit the merchant’s website and complete the desired action — like signing up for a trial of a product, downloading software or files, filling out a contact form, or subscribing to a newsletter.
One Tier: get a commission when a sale is generated from your unique affiliate link.
Two Tier: get a commission when you refer other affiliates and they start making sales (think multilevel marketing).
Climbing Tiers – increased commissions as you make more sales.
As you see, affiliate marketing is a wonderful passive income source.
It is extremely competitive it’s true but still it may be very easy to make money online with affiliate marketing.
To be successful, you would like to learn what works and what doesn’t while promoting your products.
Affiliate marketing types:
There are several different affiliate marketing types they may leverage:
A Personal Blog is your journal of posts. You write about your own life, interests, activities, and experiences. The practice is commonly known as Blogging. Affiliate Marketing can work well with a blog, and you can monetize your content by adding affiliate links (links to the merchant website) into your posts. in other words The blogger samples the product or service and then writes a comprehensive review that promotes the brand in a compelling way, driving traffic back to the seller’s site.
Many personal blogs focus on a particular niche – think parenting, sports, relationships, health, beauty, climbing, cooking, fitness, cooking, etc.; There are no restrictions. You blog about what you like. It’s your blog.
The principle point to know right now is that every time somebody clicks one of your links and makes a purchase on the seller site, then you’ll get a commission.
2- Email Marketing
Email marketing has been around for years despite its older origins, email marketing is still a workable source of affiliate marketing income.
Some affiliates have email lists they can use to promote the vendor’s products.
Others could leverage email newsletters that include hyperlinks to products, earning a commission once the buyer purchases the product. Another technique is for the affiliate to create an email list over time.
They use their different campaigns to collect emails as a group then send out emails regarding the products they are promoting.
An influencer is an individual who holds the force to impact the purchasing decisions of a huge section of the population. This person is in a great place to profit from affiliate marketing. They already boast an impressive following, so it’s easy for them to direct consumers to the merchant’s products through social media posts, blogs, and other interactions with their followers. The influencers then receive a share of the profits they assisted to create.
How can I do affiliate marketing?
There are tips you need to follow to do affiliate marketing, here are some Tips to Help You Become A Successful Affiliate Marketer:
Take Your Time and Be Patient
Affiliate marketing takes a lot of work and patience before any real money is made.there are many affiliate marketing businesses, and Many would-be affiliate marketers don’t take the time to plan. instead, sign up for every affiliate marketing program or affiliate marketing network they can find. They end up overwhelmed and overloaded. Don’t be like them.
So, you need to take your time and be patient if you want to set yourself up for success, and always remember that success doesn’t happen in a day it happens over days, months and years.
You can feed your website with qualified content to raise awareness and get high ranking positions, attend events, seminars or webinars of affiliate marketing, and join a discussion forum.
All that helps to build an excellent contribution to develop you. and always remember that if you are patient enough you will make money with affiliate programs.
Find Your Niche
Most affiliate marketers pick a niche, or area of specialization.
So, choosing a niche will give focus to your business and help you with content. It’ll as well, make it easier to create targeted marketing campaigns.
And For some people, choosing their niche is the hardest part of starting their own business, but it doesn’t have to be that way. To choose your niche, it simply takes asking a couple of questions:
What am I passionate about? Typically, the things we’re passionate about are the things we’re already knowledgeable about, and that makes it much easier to create content.
Is the niche oversaturated? Is there room or space for another affiliate in the niche? Before jumping into an extremely popular niche and trying to compete with folks who’ve been around for a while, maybe give another niche a try.
Is there money in this niche? Money isn’t everything, to be sure. If you are concerned about a couple of topics and one is a moneymaker, but one is not … choose the moneymaker.
Is this topic big enough? Is there enough to the topic to create up to 90 blog articles? If the answer is no, you may struggle with search engine optimization (SEO) or have a problem developing authority.
If you’ve done the work to select a niche, choosing affiliate products to promote should be easy.
Once you have chosen a niche in which to work, you are ready to start finding products or services to promote on your blog or platform. It would be a huge mistake to promote everything by registering with several affiliate programs. You cannot focus on each of them deeply and the result surely would be a disappointment.
Instead of promoting everything you find, just promote a few products which are unique, profitable or can reach large masses. So, you need to understand market needs and place your products accordingly to make money as an affiliate
Build a Website
Once you’ve found a profitable niche that you’re excited about, you’re ready to build a website and blog (your own platform) .on which to post links and advertise for your chosen products or services.
Also, It is worth to mention that building a website requires a quick and powerful hosting. to make. here you can find Top 10 hosting 2020. and I -recommend WordPress – to building your website/blog on.
Sign Up For Affiliate Marketing Network and Select The Right Advertiser
Affiliate marketing networks are essentially online marketplaces where sellers and retailers list their products and affiliates can find products to sell. The marketing network acts as a middleman. As an affiliate, you should never have to pay to sign up for an affiliate marketing network.
Also, you’ll need to keep The quality and service of your website are as important as the advertiser’s website. If your visitors become unhappy and disgruntled after buying the product you advice, they think nothing about taking your advice again, it hurts your credibility. So, make sure to focus on choosing the ones that offer good customer service while promoting the person or company.
Here are a few of the most popular affiliate networks out there, however, there are so many more than this:
Best affiliate networks :
- Amazon Associates, Etsy, eBay, Target, Walmart, Aliexpress, Newegg, Overstock.
- ClickBank, SeoPressor.
- LongTail Pro – 30% (and 30% recurring) on $219/year – $377/year plans.
- WP Rocket – 20% ($10 – $50/sale).
- Refer WordPress – 20% for wordpress.com, WooCommerce, and Jetpack.
- Elementor – 50% of $49 – $199 depending on plan
- MyThemeShop – 55% ($48 commission – $244 depending on plan).
- ThemeForest – 30% of every single new person’s first purchase.
- ShareASale, WP Engine, StudioPress.
- CJ Affiliate, Overstock, Godaddy, Zappos, Walgreen, Vitamin Shoppe, Verizon Wireless, Under Armour, TurboTax, TJ Maxx, Sears, Samsung, QVC, Priceline, Petco, Old Navy, Office Depot, Office Max, Nike, Newegg, Michael Kors, Intuit, Hotels.com, Guitar Center, GNC, FedEx Office, AT&T, American Express, Vivid Seats, TeamViewer, Sunglass Hut, Ally Invest.
- HelloFresh – $25 (maximum) on the first sale.
- Udemy – 20% on any course
- Freelancer –a fee of the project for the first 100 days (usually 10% of the project).
- SEMrush – 40% recurring (on $40 – $160/month).
- StackPath CDN – usually $10 – $20 commission per sale.
- Rakuten Marketing, Macy’s, StubHub, Hulu.
- Impact, ADP, Airbnb, AppSumo, Allstate, 1-800 Flowers, Avon, Constant Contact, Credit Karma Tax, Envato Market, ESPN+, Getty Images, Gravity Forms, Grubhub, Houzz, HostGator, InMotion, iQ, iStock, Kind, Kohl’s, Lending Club, Levi’s, LinkedIn Learning, Namecheap, Shutterstock, Southwest, Squarespace, Turo, Uber, Uber Eats, Xfinity.
- FlexOffers, Apple Music, Amore Beds, Mac Cosmetics, Wine Of The Month Club, DirectTV, Sketchers, Barnes & Noble, GameStop, Skyscanner, Awin network.
- OptiMonster – 20%.
Create Quality Content
After building your own website, you need to create content.
Some affiliate networks and affiliate programs require you to already have established content, site traffic, and monthly views at a certain level before they will accept you as an affiliate, so be sure to read the eligibility requirements for the specific networks and programs you’re considering before you apply.
This doesn’t mean that you have to create 90 blog posts before you can even think about becoming an affiliate marketer, but you should have at least 8 to 10 strong posts already on your blog or site with more scheduled.
Use Several Traffic Sources
The opportunity of making money online raises together with the more traffic you send to the sales page.
It is not a mistake to run ads on just own site, but it has some missing points. By making an ad in your Adwords account, your sales page gets targeted traffic from several channels.
Related post: how to drive traffic to your website 2020
Attract Targeted Traffic
Once you’ve built a popular platform and secured affiliates to work with, you’ll need to attract Targeted Traffic.
The core function of making money from affiliate marketing is to push people to click your affiliates’ links. So, you need to attract visitors. There are four primary methods of attracting potential customers :
- paid advertising — This method requires an effective combination of ad copy, graphics, and a highly-clickable link effectively on paid services like Google AdSense in paid advertising.
- free advertising — This method involves placing links and advertisements on free websites, US Free Ads or like Craigslist. Whenever someone clicks on your ad, both you and the website (for example, Craigslist) gain money from the clicks.
- Article marketing —This method requires a higher ranking in search engine results to be a credible source. Many marketers use websites like Ezine Articles to publish articles that contain a unique “resource box,” and as other bloggers and websites, managers republish the article (with the resource box intact).In other words As a marketer, you submit your article and affiliate marketers republish your article. The marketer who published the original post gradually earns higher search engine rankings.
- Email marketing — In this method, marketers embed an email subscription option for blog or website visitors. This allows the marketer to acquire a site visitor’s name and email address, which can help build a lasting and strong relationship and expose the visitor to the marketer’s newsletter. One of the best and easiest ways to grow your email list is by adding a popup to your site.
You need to make your campaign efficient. There are many helpful tools that let you conduct market research, competitor research, track and convert your ad campaigns.
In order to get inspired by topics, you can use BuzzSumo and Feedly. For social media planning and tracking, Buffer would the best choice while Bitly and ClickMeter are good for link creation and tracking. In order to beautify your website with images and GIFs, you can try Unsplash and GIFMaker. For monetization, you can use Google Adsense, VigLink, and Flippa. One of them I suggest is GO Trace by App Samurai, a smart affiliate link testing and monitoring tool, which you can use for free to test. You can test your affiliate links whether there is any broken one or not. It is useful for both advertisers and affiliates.
Test, and Track Your Results
Testing every action and measuring the performance give you hand to explore what works and what doesn’t. According to tracking results, keep or change your actions. as an example, your banner ads aren’t gain you much. So, try to place them in different ad areas and compare and contrast all results. Sure, some ad places earn you more.
Also, You can use MonsterInsights to easily track the performance of your affiliate products on a WordPress site.
Research Product Demand
At this point, You Need to understand market needs, for example, If you have decent traffic, view your daily, weekly, quarterly and yearly traffic, and sales chart in order to explore customers’ behaviors and choices. If not, spend some time to discover how the product you are thinking to promote meets users’ needs.
Follow New Methods and Techniques
Try to be updated with the latest techniques and methods to be successful in a competitive environment. Getting out of date results in landing behind while staying up to date results in utilizing new techniques.
Developing Your Business
The Fast and perfect way to gain expertise and knowledge as an affiliate, is to study and learn from other affiliates.by joining an online community or forum.
there are a lot of free online resources to join it; it can give a piece of invaluable advice to marketers at all expertise levels.
Knowing What to Expect
Expect a lot of hard work. affiliate marketing is not a rich-quick field Also Keep in mind the field is very competitive, so Stay current with trends to ensure you remain competitive. Additionally, you will likely be able to benefit from at minimum a few of the new marketing techniques that are constantly being created. Be sure you are keeping up to date on all these new strategies to warranty that your conversion rates, and therefore revenue, will be as high as possible.
The most common questions about making money from affiliate marketing 2020
How do affiliate marketers make money for beginners?
As we said earlier you should just be patient and follow all steps we said above and absolutely you will paint your ways into the rich people.
How do I become a successful affiliate marketer?
My golden advice to you Try to be updated with the latest techniques and methods to be successful.
Can I do affiliate marketing without a website?
Yes, you can do affiliate marketing without a website and there are many ways to do that including email marketing, Social Media, Paid Advertising, Video Marketing, Retargeting, and more. We will talk about each method separately in the future
How long does it take to be a successful affiliate marketer?
Affiliate marketing requires a lot of time and patience before any real money is made at the beginning.
Affiliate marketing is s A Long-Term Investment, to do that you must to take some steps. Affiliate marketing is really good as it offers to make money from home. Just build a website, feed it with impressive content, attract users and join the right affiliate programs. it seems easy, but you should be patient until you reach your goal. I hope this article is helpful to answer all the questions about affiliate marketing.